Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Poisonwood Bible





Rachel Durazzani says:


The Poisonwood Bible is an interesting look into one missionary family's experiences as they relocated to Africa, in an effort to spread Christianity in the Congo in the early 1960s. Each chapter is told from either one of the daughter's or the mother's point of view, making for a quick read. The stories will both inspire you and break your heart. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was a little iffy when I first started and it did take me a little while to get into it. However, once the character development started, I couldn't wait to get back to the book. I was fascinated by Kingsolver's storytelling and how well she brought the characters to life. I found myself thinking of each of the characters long after I finished reading. Kingsolver does an excellent job of transporting her readers to another world in another time. A must read in my opinion.


Thank you, Rachel!! Sounds like a great book. --The Fiction Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment