Saturday, August 14, 2010
Eat Pray Love
Rachel Durazzani says:
This was an interesting book for me. I read it in two parts, putting it down after a few weeks because I had a difficult time getting into it. The book is about a woman who takes a year of her life to travel to three different countries - Italy, India and Indonesia - while finding herself and figuring out what she believes in. The first few chapters, as she described needing to "find herself" and why she spent a year of her life traveling, was not my favorite part. I found it kind of boring and off-putting. However, once the she got into her actual traveling I enjoyed it much more. I thought that the Italy section would be my favorite, however, my favorite was her time in Bali. The descriptions of the various places she visited were so descriptive and inviting that I felt like I was there with her, too. And it certainly increased a desire in me to see more of the world - places I've never been. So all in all, it's probably worth a read. I am curious to see how the movie turns out!
Thank you Rachel! --The Fiction Fairy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read this too! I enjoyed some parts but found myself wanting to know more about her cultural experiences than her philosophical journey. =( I have a feeling the movie is going to be much more entertaining than the book.
ReplyDelete